We believe that it is the responsibility of every gun owner to be as educated and as safe as they can possibly be. This course is designed for anyone with an interest in: firearms, their safe handling, the safe storage of guns, an understanding of Indiana gun laws and enhancing their shooting skills.
The class will consist of classroom lecture/training and then move to the firing range for practical skills application of the material discussed in the class.
We hope that you enjoy the class and take away something that is going to benefit you, the responsible gun owner.
The purpose of the Social Circle Police Department’s Firearms Safety Course is to educate the public on general safety and handling of firearms.
Upon passing a background check, you may be eligible for acceptance into this course. The Firearms Instructors will have sole discretion for your acceptance to and attendance at this course.
You DO NOT need a handgun permit to attend this course. (If no permit, handgun must be unloaded, not readily accessible and secured in a case.)
Requirements for this course are listed below:
– Must be 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal history check.
– Must bring a legal, modern handgun that will pass instructor inspection for safety and reliability. Calibers which will be accepted are: .380acp, .38 special, 357 magnum, 38 super, 9mm parabellum, .40 Smith & Wesson, .45acp. NOTE: Any other calibers must be approved prior to the start of the course)
– Must bring minimum 50 rounds of NEW manufactured ammunition for your handgun, also subject to inspection by instructor. NO Reloads.
– Every person must bring eye and ear protection, to be worn always while on the range.
– The rules of classroom and range will be strictly enforced. Any violations may result in the student being dismissed from the course.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION regarding this course, contact Officer Randy Downs at 770-464-2366 or firstname.lastname@example.org