The Social Circle Police Department is bringing the 9 p.m. Routine, an international crime prevention initiative, to Social Circle after a recent spree of entering autos that targeted unlocked vehicles in several local neighborhoods.
SCPD is recommending the following 9 p.m. Routine:
- Remove keys, wallets, cash, garage door openers and other valuable items from vehicles. Roll up windows and lock the doors.
- Bring in or secure all valuables in the yard.
- Close overhead garage doors and lock any outside garage doors.
- Close and lock doors on the house.
- Ensure all windows in the house are shut and locked.
- Turn on outside lights.
- Post that you’ve completed the #9PMRoutine on social media and tag #SCPD.
SCPD will be sharing 9 p.m. Routine reminders regularly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to encourage all residents to Get with the 9 p.m. Routine to show potential criminals that you won’t tolerate property crime in your neighborhood.
Help spread the word using the hashtag #9PMRoutine and tagging #SCPD to let us know you’ve completed the routine.
The 9 p.m. Routine, created in 2017 by the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office in Florida encourages residents to protect themselves from becoming victims of crime by locking and securing their homes, vehicles and valuables every night at 9 p.m.