City Council meeting tonight
- The City Council work session and regular meeting will continue as scheduled this evening. With the President’s recommendation to limit the size of gatherings, we will be limiting City personnel attendance to only those who need to attend. The Council meeting is open to the public, the public can attend, but we encourage you to watch online and to submit written comments.
- You can find the agendas for the meetings at these links:
- Work session – 5:30 pm - https://socialcirclecityga.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=14&ID=1585&Inline=True
- Regular meeting – 6:30 pm - https://socialcirclecityga.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=14&ID=1583&Inline=True
- There are several public hearings on the regular meeting agenda. If you want to make a comment on any of them, please put your comment in writing and drop it by City Hall at the drive-thru or send an email to CityCouncilPHC@socialcirclega.com by 2:00 pm today.
- The meeting will be live streamed through our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/cityofsocialcirclegeorgia/
Social Circle Transit
- Social Circle Transit will continue to provide services, with limitations on passenger loads to maintain social distancing guidelines. Please call (770) 464-2953 to schedule your ride at least 24-hours in advance.
- City Hall front doors are closed but City Hall continues to function. Utility payments are being accepted at the drive-thru. For all other City business, please call the main City Hall number – 770-464-2380.
- The court docket for Wednesday, March 18 has been adjusted. From Social Circle Municipal Court Judge, Jeffrey Foster, “I have signed an order for continuing all arraignments, trials and sentencing matters until after April 13. If [there is] a client currently incarcerated, or facing a probation petition, those matters involve liberty and are of an immediate public safety concern. We will have court on those matter March 18, at 1:30 pm, with appropriate safety measures and distancing in place.”
- If your court date was set for March 18, and you have not received a letter telling you when your date has been rescheduled to, please call the Court Clerk at (770) 464-6904.
- Please view Cornelia Lambert’s video on social distancing at: https://youtu.be/Tmw99bATaE0
Please continue to monitor official Local, State, and Federal sources for continuing information, provided below:
City Updates - https://socialcirclega.gov/city-covid-19-resources/
Walton County Updates - https://www.waltoncountyga.gov/
Georgia DPH Updates - https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus
CDC Updates – http://coronovirus.gov