As of noon today, there are still no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Walton County. This means that no one who lives in Walton County has tested positive for COVID-19. This does not mean that we are safe from being exposed or that we should be any less careful. Every county bordering Walton County does have confirmed cases. Experts know that people can be contagious even before they start showing symptoms. Please continue follow CDC and Presidential guidelines for safe practices to continue to protect our entire population from the threat.
- Stay home except for necessary trips.
- If you or someone in your household are sick, stay home.
- Practice social distancing when you are out.
- Practice good hygiene.
We appreciate our residents and businesses for making the best of the situation. Keep posting pictures of your Chalk the City project and the bears you’ve found on the Bear Hunt! See the Downtown Social Circle, Ga Facebook page for details. Look for the Social Circle schools Honk & Wave Parade on April 3 at 5:30 pm. Details and maps on the Social Circle City Schools Facebook page.
Some recent changes to be aware of:
- Governor Kemp has ordered that schools stay closed until at least April 24. Social Circle City Schools will continue to deliver meals to students, except for the week of spring break (April 6 – 10).
- All local restaurants have discontinued on-premise dining, including any patio or sidewalk seating, but you can get food to-go. Please call the restaurants about placing to-go orders.
You can follow us for updates on the following social media platforms:
Twitter - @socialcirclegov
Instagram – cityofsocialcircle
Facebook – cityofsocialcirclegeorgia
Please continue to monitor official Local, State, and Federal sources for continuing information, provided below:
City Updates - https://socialcirclega.gov/city-covid-19-resources/
Walton County Updates - https://www.waltoncountyga.gov/
Georgia DPH Updates - https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus
CDC Updates – http://coronavirus.gov