Leaf and brush crews are working to get debris from tropical storm Irma picked up and hauled off as quickly as possible. They are currently working in the area of Hickory Drive, Joseph Lane and Wildwood Drive. Tomorrow they will be working in Marco estates on Friday and North and South Cherokee Rd and West Hightower Trail on Saturday.
On Monday crews will return to their normal leaf and brush schedule.
- Monday: north of East Hightower Road and east of North Cherokee Road. This includes the neighborhoods around Oak Drive, Holly Street.
- Tuesday: west of North Cherokee Road and north of West Hightower Trail and Alcova Drive. This includes the neighborhoods of Park Place, Heritage Park, Corby Creek, Windsong, Jubliee and Laurel Oaks.
- Wednesday: south of Alcova Drive and West Hightower Trail and west of South Cherokee Road. This includes the neighborhoods of Azalea Farms, St. Andrews, Squirrel Words, Marco Estates and along Lakewood Drive, Wildwood Drive, Hickory Drive and Joseph Lane.
- Thursday: east of South Cherokee Road and south of East Hightower Trail. This includes the neighborhoods of Dove Landing, Bear Cub Path and the neighborhoods along Cannon Drive, Spring Street, and Birch Street.
- Friday: properties along North and South Cherokee and West Hightower.
Because of the large amount of debris, crews may not be able to pick up all the debris in their scheduled area on that day. They will attempt to return to those areas after completing pickups on other days.
If you would like to haul away your own debris, you may bring it to the laydown area by the Public Works office at 771 Vine Street Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.