The city has acquired a new leaf and brush truck to improve services and will be back on your normal schedule for leaf and brush pickup in the same week starting Monday the 19th of June, 2017.
We want to thank the public for being very patient while we repaired and acquired new equipment to improve your service delivery. Staff have been working very hard to get back on schedule and provide you the best service possible for leaf, grass clippings, and brush removal.
To better serve you we want to work as a team with the public to ensure services are provided in a timely manner and equipment is in top working order. The following are some tips for ensuring our crews provide the best serve possible:
- Do not put trash such as rocks, metal, dirt, and any item they may damage the blades on the leaf and brush machine. These items can cause equipment failure and costly repairs preventing the crews from providing quality service to you.
- Separate leaf piles from brush piles and keep limbs to approximately 4 inches or less in diameter.
- Crews will normally spend 15 minutes on a leaf or brush pile. If they spend longer than that then the piles are too big causing the crews to get behind delaying service to other citizens. However, they can spend 15 minutes each week on a large pile until it is gone.
- If you see our trucks pass your pile of leaves and brush without picking it up, their trucks are full and need to be emptied. They will return to finish your piles. However, if they miss your pile by mistake then call City Hall and request pick up.
- If you forget to put your pile of leaves and brush next to the road on your scheduled pickup day crews will pick it up the following week on your scheduled day of pickup.
- If you see a hang tag on your pile of leaves or brush, then there is a reason for them not picking up your pile. Please read the tag and take the appropriate actions. Once that is complete call City Hall for pickup or wait until your next scheduled pickup day.
- There will be times when your leaf and brush pickup may be delayed due to equipment failure and weather. However, we will make every effort to pick them up in a timely manner.